When we introduce new surfaces to an existing landscape, it's important to consider that the natural flow of water in that area may be disrupted. Adding impervious surfaces like roofs and residential driveways increases the amount of stormwater runoff, which collects particles of oil, dust, and other pollutants as it travels over the surface of the ground.
This results in an excess of stormwater runoff, which left untreated will travel through yard drainage systems and gutters downspout drains until finally depositing into lakes, streams, and the ocean. Negative consequences of the stormwater runoff and improper drainage include the following:
- Pollutants are carried into the oceans and our waterways where they can affect wildlife and water quality
- Debris carried in stormwater can clog our storm drains and cause residential flooding
- Increased volumes of stormwater can erode stream banks and hillsides
- Contaminated water can lead to beach and lake closures
- Loss of structural integrity to building or home
- Damaged or ruined interiors
- Plants, trees, and grass may die
- Mosquitoes will reproduce in stagnant water
- Mold will grow on interior and exterior of the structure
- Long-Term and Short-Term health risks
- Major, costly repairs
Because of these concerns, proper drainage is a major concern for your home. To avoid these adverse impacts to our property and the environment, guidelines are in place. Federal, state, and local laws and regulations require that stormwater be managed by residential homeowners and property managers. Drainage systems are the basic method of water management.
- Standing water 24 hours after a major rain
- Stagnant water smell
- Water intrusion through doors, basement, or garage
Surface & Subsurface Landscape Drainage
- French Drains
- Pond Edge Stabilization
- Surface Grate & Channel Drains
- Complete Water Management
- Downspout Drainage Piping
- Landscape Erosion Control
I am a recent customer of Southeastern Services of the Carolinas, and I must say I am extremely impressed. I had some remodeling done in my bathroom and it was done with excellence. The staff across the board is phenomenal and really strives to meet all your needs. I will definitely be using for future services. As well as, recommending to others. Thanks again!"
The owner Allen was extremely polite and quality work. I have several services provided with their company (painting, and deck) very happy with all services and prices. would recommend this company to anyone!!"
Excellent quick service! Storm took part of tree down Sunday night. Monday got estimate and Tuesday tree is now gone!"
Southeastern was Very professional, quick turnaround was done in 2 weeks tops they did an amazing job remodeling my kitchen and master bath I also just rehired them to do my patio as well great great company."